Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mouse droppings underneath couch?

A month or so ago my boyfriend saw a mouse scurry across the floor sometime between 10 and midnight. He would see one every couple days. So we put a bunch of mouse traps out, the mouse never touched any of the traps so we umed he was gone. Well sure enough, about two weeks ago he saw a fat one one night and then claimed the next night he saw one that was a lot smaller. Still they were able to get away from the traps. I am extremely grossed out by these mice but luckily we were moving so I wasn't too worried about it. Well...we went to move on Saturday and as soon as our movers picked up the couch, UGH there was a ton of mouse droppings underneath the couch. GROSS!!!! So now Im afraid that maybe the mice are living in our couch. The movers said they shook the couch violently twice and ured me that the mice would have run out. But now I feel like I dont even want to sit on the couch. The cusions do not come off the couch so there were no droppings on the couch or in between the cushions, just underneath it. Do you think the couch is safe to keep and put in my new house? My two fears are that the couch is contaminated and is not safe to sit on ( i have a year old daugher) and also that maybe the mice were making a little home in the couch and now they may be running around my new house. Any suggestions? My boyfriend doesn't seem to be as concerned as I am, so he just keeps brushing it off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment